Natural gas network permit
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
Natural gas network operations may only be carried out in a natural gas network located in Finland with a licence issued by the Energy Authority (natural gas network permit). However, natural gas network operations in which the natural gas network only manages the supply of natural gas within a property or a similar property group are not subject to a permit. A natural gas network permit cannot be transferred to another.
A distribution system operator engaged in licensed natural gas network operations shall apply for a distribution system natural gas network permit. A closed distribution network’s natural gas network permit is applied for using a separate closed distribution network’s natural gas network permit application form.
In the transmission network, natural gas network operations may be carried out under the power network licence of the transmission system operator. A separate line natural gas network permit entitles the applicant to carry out natural gas network activities in a separate line built by the applicant.
Do the following
- Fill in the application form for the natural gas network permit and its appendices electronically.
- Print the application form and sign it manually. If you are applying for a natural gas network permit in a distribution network, also print insurance attachments and sign them manually.
- Attach the reports and attachments mentioned in the form to the application.
- Send the application and its appendices primarily by e-mail to the registry of the Energy Authority. You can also post the application and its attachments to the Energy Authority.
To whom and on what terms
A fee is charged for the service.