Consumer Advisory Service (for businesses)
- Public service
Consumer Advisory Services help with big and small problems concerning consumer rights between consumers and businesses. We offer clear rules and help to find solutions to disputes.
Businesses may contact consumer advisors regarding any disputes they may have with consumers concerning individual products or services. The advisors will indicate, among other things, how to provide compensation for defects, how to make contracts, and how to deal with payments.
Disputes are settled only on a consumer’s initiative, provided that the preconditions for mediation are fulfilled.
Do the following
To resolve your issue as quickly and effortlessly as possible, please proceed as follows:
1. First look for an answer on the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority’s website, which has plenty of information on consumer rights.
2. If your complaint to the company is unsuccessful, contact the consumer rights advisors at a Local Register Office. Consumer rights advisors provide free guidance and mediation in disputes. Consumer advisors give guidance in Finnish and Swedish. Therefore persons wishing to consult an advisor in some other language must get an interpreter at their own expense. Read more about the duties of consumer advisors.
The quickest way to contact an advisor is by telephone. Please have the documents related to the matter at hand when you call the Consumer Advisory Service.
The consumer advisors may also be contacted electronically with the online contact form They will respond by telephone within about five working days. You will most likely receive a reply by a phone call. The caller ID starts usually with +358 29 or might show as an "Unknown Number".
To whom and on what terms
Matters not handled by consumer advisors
- Disputes related to transactions between private individuals
- Disputes between businesses
- Disputes between housing companies and residents
- Transactions related to financial instruments and shares
- Matters related to state or municipal services
The service is free of charge.
The service is provided by: