Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Centre for Non-Military Service

Changing your placement during service

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

On reasonable grounds, you can request transfer to another placement during alternative civil service. The Civilian Service Centre will contact your current placement organisation before making a decision. The Centre may also decide to transfer you without your request if it is necessary in order to ensure that you can duly complete your service or on grounds of common interest.

To whom and on what terms

You will continue attending service at your current placement until the Centre has issued its decision, which will specify the last date of service. The processing time is approximately one week. The current placement organisation will send your health information card to the new placement (the address stated in the transfer decision).

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byCentre for Non-Military Service
Responsible for the serviceCentre for Non-Military Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: Centre for Non-Military Service
Updated: 16/4/2021