Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Alien's passport

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for an alien's passport personally at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service. You will be issued an alien's passport if

you have been granted a residence permit in Finland on the basis of subsidiary protection or you have a residence permit on the basis of temporary protection but you do not have a valid travel document. You can also be issued an alien's passport at the discretion of the Finnish Immigration Service if you cannot be issued a passport by the authority of your home country or if you are stateless.

Please note that an alien's passport is not an official identity document but it is issued for travelling.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 12/1/2022