Environmental responsibilities and obligations, services
Filter service list
- ELY CentrePermit or other obligationNationwide except the Åland IslandsPublic serviceMonitoring of the state of environment, emissions and impacts related to activities that require an environmental permit and the water economy project
- Lounais-Suomen Jätehuolto OyService17 municipalitiesPublic serviceHousehold waste management, waste reception services and advice on waste in south-west Finland
- ELY CentrePermit or other obligationNationwide except the Åland IslandsPublic serviceOperator’s notification of an exceptional situation in activities that require an environment permit or registration
- City of HelsinkiServiceHelsinkiPublic serviceThe City environment sector's Evironmental protection unit monitors the operations of different firms and businesses.
- The Municipality of SipooServiceSipooPublic serviceWaste management in Sipoo is taken care of Rosk 'n Roll waste management services. You can contact the company for more information.
- Finnish Environment Institute SYKE
Export notifications for forbidden or severely restricted chemicalsFinnish Environment Institute SYKEPermit or other obligationNationwidePublic serviceWhen exporting chemicals listed in Annex I to the PIC Regulation to a non-EU country, you must submit an export notification.Service channels:
- City of EspooPermit or other obligationEspooPublic serviceTemporary activity causing especially disturbing noise or vibration must be reported to the Environment and Building Control Department.
- Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)ServiceNationwidePublic serviceChemical information service for chemical importers and manufacturers.
- City of HelsinkiServiceHelsinkiPublic serviceHelsinki Region Environmental Services Authority (HSY) organises the collection and transport of municipal waste in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area.Service channels:
- City of HelsinkiServiceHelsinkiPublic serviceA real-estate specific wastewater treatment system must fulfil the treatment power requirements set out in the Environmental Protection Act.