Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service TE Office

Unemployment security advice

  • Service
  • Nationwide except the Åland Islands
  • Public service

If you become unemployed, you will need information on unemployment benefits. The TE Office’s webpages contain information on

  • how to apply for unemployment benefit
  • how important it is to remain registered as a job-seeker
  • what obligations the job-seeker has.

You can also call the TE Office and ask questions related to applying for and receiving unemployment benefits, such as:

  • In what situations is unemployment benefit paid and in what situations is it not?
  • When is an entrepreneur entitled to unemployment benefit?
  • How does being a student affect entitlement to unemployment benefit?
  • How does part-time or temporary work affect the payment of unemployment benefit?
  • How do I respond to the TE Office’s request for clarification?
  • How do I appeal against a labour policy statement of the TE Office?

Do the following

For more information, please see the If You Become Unemployed section of the TE Services website.

When you need help and advice on the general requirements for unemployment benefit, please call the Unemployment Security Advice telephone service.

To whom and on what terms

The Unemployment Security Advice service is available to everyone.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byTE Office
Other responsible organisationsVarsinais-Suomi TE Office, Kaakkois-Suomi TE Office, Häme TE Office, Uusimaa TE Office, Pirkanmaa TE Office, Kainuu TE Office, Pohjois-Savo TE Office, Pohjanmaa TE Office, Satakunta TE Office, Lapland TE Office, Pohjois-Karjala TE Office, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa TE Office, Etelä-Pohjanmaa TE Office, Etelä-Savo TE Office, Keski-Suomi TE Office
Responsible for the serviceTE Office
Area Whole Finland (except Åland)
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: TE Office
Updated: 9/5/2022