Submitting a customs warehousing declaration
- Public service
When you place products in the customs warehouse, you have to submit a customs warehousing declaration.
Goods from outside the European Union, for which an import duty or other similar payment has not been paid, may be stored in customs warehousing. In certain situations, also goods from within the European Union may be placed under the customs warehousing procedure, for example, in Ahvenanmaa.
Customs warehouses must be authorised by Customs.
However, you can submit a customs warehousing declaration without authorisation. If the goods are placed in a public customs warehouse under the customs warehousing procedure, the customs declaration can be submitted by anyone. If the goods are placed in a private customs warehouse under the customs warehousing procedure, only a holder of a warehousing authorisation or their representative can submit the customs declaration.
Select the suitable manner for submitting a customs warehousing declaration:
- Submit the declaration via Customs e-services. The service is free of charge and always available.
- Use the Message exchange service between businesses and Customs. Message exchange is the declaration method of choice if the business has a large number of declarations that contain several goods items.
- Purchase customs declarations as a service from a forwarding agency. Contact the service provider for more information and instructions.
Do the following
When you submit a customs notification or a customs declaration online:
- Submit the customs declaration via the Customs warehousing declaration service on Customs website.
Before using the service, please read the instructions for identification and how to use the services.
- Present a decision on release to the warehouse.
You will receive the decision on release from the service. If the goods are in a temporary storage, present the decision on release to the temporary storage operator so that the goods can be released.
If the goods are in a public warehouse, present the decision on release to the warehouse operator. You can store the goods under the customs warehousing procedure until they are cleared for the following customs procedure.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.