SIMHE – Support for Immigrants in Higher Education in Finland
- 23 municipalities
- Public service
SIMHE counselling is for you if you already live in Finland and have completed an upper secondary education, studied in higher education or completed a higher education degree. SIMHE counselling offers you information on application for higher education and related study possibilities as well as helps you recognise your prior learning. You can discuss your situation and plans with a SIMHE counsellor.
• help you find a suitable higher education or employment option
• help you identify your existing competence
• help you identify your possibilities
• provide information on different higher education options
What is counselling like?
- Face-to-face meeting: You can book a personal meeting. We can discuss topics of importance to you, such as what education would be the best option for you.
- Remote counselling: Personal counselling is also available remotely (eg. on Zoom or Teams).
- Counselling by email: You can send us questions by email: email@example.com. We will answer to you.
- Group info sessions: We organise info sessions for groups interested in higher education studies.
Do the following
Get the service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To whom and on what terms
SIMHE Guidance is for persons with immigrant background who are considered eligible for higher education in Finland.
The service is free of charge.