Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for seasonal work

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit for seasonal work if you are coming to Finland to do seasonal work that will last for 3–9 months. ‘Seasonal work’ means work that is done during certain seasons in the fields of agriculture and tourism. Jobs in forestry, crop production or at festivals are examples of seasonal work that requires a residence permit.

You must apply for your first residence permit for seasonal work abroad before arriving in Finland. If you already have a certificate or a visa for seasonal work and want to continue doing seasonal work in Finland directly after your certificate or visa for seasonal work expires, you can apply for a residence permit for seasonal work in Finland. In that case, apply for a residence permit for seasonal work before your certificate or visa expires. Check whether you have the right to work while your application is being processed.

Family members of seasonal workers cannot get a residence permit in Finland on the basis of family ties.

If your work is not seasonal or the season lasts longer than nine months, you must use the form OLE_TY1 to apply for a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL). You should also use the same form if you have a job that is not seasonal work.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 16/2/2021