Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for scientific research

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit with this application if:

  • You are coming to Finland in order to conduct scientific research
  • Your highest degree is a bachelor’s degree
  • The legal relationship between you and the research organisation is not an employment relationship.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 22/10/2020