Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for persons employed as a specialist

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you work as a specialist or as a teacher and have a contract of employment with an employer operating in Finland or have accepted a binding job offer. A specialist is a person who comes to Finland to work with expert tasks that require special expertise (highly skilled worker). You are also usually required to have a higher education degree.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesSwedish, English, Finnish
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 6/7/2022