Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for intra-corporate transferee (ICT residence permit)

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit with this application if:

  • you are transferred internally within a company or group of companies to work as a manager, specialist or trainee in Finland and
  • you have the competence and education required for the job in question.

The abbreviation 'ICT' refers to intra-corporate transfer.

Specialists and managers may be granted an intra-corporate transferee permit for up to three years. For trainees, the permit can be granted for one year.

You must live outside the EU to be able to apply for a first intra-corporate transferee permit. This means that if you are in Finland or in some other EU Member State, you cannot apply for a first intra-corporate transferee permit. You can apply for an extended ICT residence permit only if you already are staying in Finland with an ICT residence permit.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesSwedish, English, Finnish
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 11/7/2022