Residence permit application for internship
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
Apply for a residence permit with this application if you are coming to Finland for an internship and you meet one of the following conditions:
- You are applying for a residence permit within a maximum of two years of completing your higher education degree.
- You are currently participating in a course of study that leads to a higher education degree and the internship is in a field matching your studies.
- You are between 18 and 30 years of age, and you are studying the Finnish or Swedish language at a university outside Finland.
- You are between 18 and 30 years of age, you are studying at a university outside Finland, and the internship is in a field matching your studies or your degree.
You should also apply for a residence permit with this application if you are coming to Finland for an internship which is part of:
- an agreement between states; or
- a non-governmental organisation’s exchange programme.
A residence permit for internship is issued as a temporary residence permit for a maximum period of 18 months.
To whom and on what terms
A fee is charged for the service.
Period of validity
The permit is valid for a fixed time.