Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for an employed person (TTOL)

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you are coming to Finland to work for a Finnish employer or other employer operating in Finland and you have signed a contract of employment or accepted a binding job offer. A residence permit for an employed person is connected with labour market testing, which means that the employer must establish if there is available labour force within a reasonable time in Finland or within the EU/EEA for the work in question.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 12/11/2020