Report of criminal wrongdoing
- Public service
In order to start the investigation the police needs, as soon as possible, a specific description of what, where, and when has happened and who are involved. The persons involved are the complainant and the suspect/suspects.
The police shall enter the information regarding the report of criminal wrongdoing in the investigation and administrative assistance system of the police information system ...
Do the following
The report of criminal wrongdoing can be filed at the police station or electronically on the website of the police.
The report should include, as accurately as possible, a description of what has happened and where and when as well as the persons involved (the complainant, possible suspect and witnesses).
It is important to describe in detail the looks of the victim and the suspect.
Also the contact information (telephone and e-mail) of the person filing the report must be filled in
Information necessary for filing a report of criminal wrongdoing:
- description of what has happened and how
- exact time and place of the events
- name of the suspect, if known
- identifying characteristics of the suspect (age, hight, body, specific facial characteristics, colour of the eyes, teeth, speech, hands, moving, clothes)
- in which direction the suspect fled and how
- if the wrongdoer used a vehicle, the registration number and other characteristics of the vehicle (mark, colour, model)
- dangerousness of the wrongdoer (weapons, state of mind, threats, use of intoxicants etc.)
- the identifying characteristics of any stolen or lost property (colour, mark, model, serial number or other)
A report of wrongdoing can be filed with the police anywhere, irrespective of the place of event.
To whom and on what terms
On the basis of the provided information the police starts an investigation if there is a reason to suspect criminal wrongdoing. In case of complainant offence it is also required that the complainant presents a demand for penalty.
Investigation is not started if the police finds that no criminal wrongdoing has occurred.