Qualification of Personnel at day care centres providing Steiner pedagogic early childhood education
- Professional qualification
- Public service
Occupation description: Early childhood educator providing Steiner pedagogical education in early childhood education and care
Do the following
When applying for a decision from the Finnish National Agency for Education
- Fill in the electronic application from according to the instructions.
- Attach the required documents.
- Send the application to Finnish National Agency for Education.
When submitting your application, enclose copies of the following documents:
- Degree/qualification certificate
- transcript of studies
- Proof of nationality, e.g. an extract from the Population Information System in Finland or copy of the ID page of your passport
- Document verifying name change (if applicable).
- If you are an EU/EEA national and you apply for recognition of professional qualifications obtained in an EU/EEA member state, you can also enclose certificates of professional experience and certificates of life-long learning.
Provide a translation of each document into Finnish, Swedish or English if the original document is in a language other than Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Icelandic, French, German, Norwegian or Spanish. The translator must be an authorised translator in Finland or an official translator in the source country, working in the language pair in question. Translations done by the body that has issued the original document are also accepted.
To whom and on what terms
If you have a professional qualification in Steiner pedagogical early childhood education and care from abroad and want to qualify to work in Steiner pedagogical early childhood education and care in Finland, apply for a decision on eligibility from the Finnish National Agency for Education.
You can contact the Finnish National Agency for Education for more information on decision-making criteria.
A fee is charged for the service.
The range of fees collected for a decision is €420 - €664. The fee is €420 when the decision concerns eligibility for one post or position. The fee is increased by €122 for any additional eligibility; however, the maximum surcharge is €244.
Processing timeThe Finnish National Board of Education is obliged to make the decisions on the recognition of professional qualifications within four months of receipt of all documents. For other decisions, the law does not specify a maximum processing time. The processing of an application takes on average 2-3 months counting from the date on which all the necessary documents were provided.
Finnish National Agency for Education decides on the eligibility that a foreign qualification gives for positions in the early childhood education and care, teaching, fire and rescue services, and positions for which a Master of Laws degree completed in Finland is required.