Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service City of Kotka

Notification of land extraction for household needs

  • Permit or other obligation
  • 2 municipalities
  • Public service

The supervisory authority must be notified of the extraction site location and the estimated scope of the extraction. Submit a notification when over 500 solid cubic metres of soil are taken or planned to be taken from the extraction site.

Background information

The extraction of land materials, i.e. rock, gravel, sand, clay and soil, for one's own normal household use, such as construction or maintenance of traffic routes, does not require a land extraction permit.

If more than 500 cubic metres of soil has been or will be extracted, this must be reported to the municipal environmental protection authority. Land extracted for household needs is extracted from one's own land, common areas or another party’s land based on land load.

No specific quantities have been given for the household needs-related land extraction and use, but the purpose of the use determines whether it is based on household needs. The sale of extracted land materials is forbidden.

The service is provided by

City of Kotka

Responsible for the service

City of Kotka
Text edited by: City of Kotka
Updated: 30/12/2022