Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Extended permit application on the basis of family ties

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply with this application for a residence permit if you have been granted a fixed-term residence permit on the basis of family ties. The same family ties still exist (for example, marriage to the same spouse), and you wish to apply for a new fixed-term residence permit on the basis of these family ties.

If your family member is not the same one as before, use an application for a first permit. On the following pages you will find the application form that suits your situation:

  • My spouse is in Finland
  • My child is in Finland
  • My guardian is in Finland
  • My other relative is in Finland

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 12/1/2022