Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Tax Administration

Car taxation - individuals

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

The car tax must be paid for passenger cars, vans, motorcycles and quadricycles registered or taken into use for the first time in Finland.

Do the following

Submit a declaration of vehicle use and car tax return in MyTax.

If you import a used vehicle to Finland, you must submit a car tax return and pay the car tax before registration and use.

There are specific cases of tax-exempt use where this rule does not apply.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

The service is provided by

Finnish Tax Administration

Responsible for the service

Finnish Tax Administration
Text edited by: Finnish Tax Administration
Updated: 18/12/2023