Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service City of Kotka

Campsite notification

  • Permit or other obligation
  • 2 municipalities
  • Public service

When establishing a campsite, the municipal authority of the area in question must be notified.

If you set up a campsite or substantially alter the operations of an existing one, submit a written notification to the Kotka Environmental Protection Service Unit.

Do the following

Provide the local municipal building and environmental board with a written notification about establishing a campsite. Include the necessary information regarding yourself, the location of the campsite and nature and scope of operations in the notification.

Submit a notification to the Kotka Environmental Protection Service Unit three months before starting or changing operations. For contact information, see the service channels.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

To whom and on what terms

The keeper of the campsite must also notify, well in advance, about any substantive changes to their operations.

If the entrepreneur has established itself in another country in the European Economic Area and temporarily offers services in Finland, the same notifications are required as from entrepreneurs established in Finland.

You must also notify of temporary campsites. A temporary campsite is an area intended to accommodate more than 100 people in tents or caravans, for a maximum of 14 days.


Campsite notification must be submitted at least three months before the start of operations.

The service is provided by

City of Kotka

Responsible for the service

City of Kotka
Text edited by: City of Kotka
Updated: 30/12/2022