Authorised consignor authorisation
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
An authorised consignor is a company that has been granted an authorisation to use simplified procedure for Union transit and can initiate T-transits in any place in Finland approved by Customs. The goods do not have to be presented to Customs. An authorised consignor can initiate T transit procedures at all Customs-approved warehouses located in Finland. A list of the warehouses can be found on the Customs website. The authorisation holder must submit a transit declaration to Customs’ electronic transit system before initiating the transportation of goods. The Customs system will send the Transit Accompanying Document (TAD) electronically to the authorisation holder. The TAD will be sent with the goods to the Customs office of destination or to the authorised consignee.
The following is required to obtain an authorisation:
- the company regularly uses the Union transit procedure
- the company is established in the customs territory of the Union
- the company has a valid comprehensive guarantee
- the company has not committed any serious infringements of customs or tax legislation
- the company has in place a commercial system and an accounting system described in writing
- the person responsible for the company’s customs matters has practical competence or professional qualifications related to the transit procedure
- as an authorised consignor, the company submits the transit declaration data electronically to the Customs system.
The authorisation decision is issued in either Finnish or Swedish.
Do the following
You can find Instructions for applying for the authorisation under Authorisations on the Customs website.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.
The processing time for authorisation applications is 120 days from when they are approved for processing. An application can be approved for processing when it contains all details needed to make a decision, i.e. the application is fully completed and accompanied with the necessary attachments.