Authorisation for the use of an electronic transport document as transit declaration
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
Customs can authorise a company to use an electronic transport document as transit declaration. The authorisation specifies the airports or ports to which the goods can be transferred under a transit procedure that is based on an electronic loading list.
Conditions for the authorisation:
- The applicant is an airline or a shipping company operating a significant number of flights or ships between places of departure and destinations within the Union.
- The company is established in the customs territory of the Union, or the applicant has its registered office, administrative headquarters or a permanent business establishment in the Union.
- The company uses the Union transit procedure regularly, or the competent customs authority knows that the applicant can meet the requirements of the procedure.
- The company has not committed any serious or repeated infringements of customs or tax legislation.
The authorisation is issued in Finnish or Swedish.
Do the following
You can find instructions for applying for the authorisation on Customs’ website under “Authorisations”.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.
The processing time for authorisation applications is 120 days from when they are approved for processing. An application can be approved for processing when it contains all the details needed to make a decision, i.e. the application is fully completed and accompanied with the necessary attachments.