ADR training licence
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
International road transport of dangerous goods is regulated by the ADR agreement (European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road) and national legislation. Finnish regulations concerning the transport of dangerous goods are also known as the “VAK regulations”.
Drivers are required to hold a certificate authorising them to transport dangerous goods if the amounts of dangerous goods transported exceed the prescribed minimum amounts. Obtaining the driving certificate requires the applicant to participate in training and successfully pass the related examination (ADR training).
Training required for the ADR driving certificate is organised by holders of ADR training licences approved by the Finnish Transport Safety Agency (Trafi). The licence is national.
Do the following
1. Check whether the requirements for obtaining the ADR training licence are met.
2. Print out the application form.
3. In the application, fill in the contact details of the applicant and the director responsible for the training and tick the boxes of those course forms for which you are applying a licence.
Attach the following documents to the application:
- specification of the form of business
- information on the qualifications of the training staff
- a detailed training programme
- a detailed syllabus describing, for example, the teaching materials, methods and audio-visual aids
- a copy of the ADR driving certificate and the certificate of a safety adviser of the director responsible for the training
- a description of practical exercises and
- the training material to be used or a certificate for the right to use the material.
4. Send the application and its attachments to the Trafi Registrar’s office.
To whom and on what terms
ADR training can be provided by an organisation with
- a competent director responsible for the training
- a detailed training programme
- a sufficient and skilled teaching staff with respect to the extent of the operations
- functional premises
- the necessary teaching materials and facilities.
In addition to the above requirements, the director responsible for the training must have a valid ADR driving certificate that corresponds at least to the level of training provided and the qualification of a safety adviser.
The holder of the ADR training licence must notify Traficom of any changes in its operations.
Temporary cross-border service provision
If the entrepreneur has established itself in another country in the European Economic Area and temporarily offers services in Finland, it must be separately determined from the responsible authority whether the operations are subject to licence or notification
A fee is charged for the service.
The training licence is subject to a fee. For the amount of the fee, see the price list on the Traficom website.
The training licence must be obtained before the launch of operations.
Approximately 1 month.
Period of validity
The training licence is granted for a period of five years. The licence is national.
Act on the transport of dangerous goods (finlex.fi)
Decree on a driving certificate of drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods (finlex.fi)
Inland transport of dangerous goods (europa.eu)