Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Centre for Non-Military Service

Accommodation expenses in civil service placement

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

You can apply for compensation of accommodation expenses if the service draftee has accommodation at the address specified in the placement agreement.

Monthly accommodation costs are compensated as follows:

  • Local authority group I: Helsinki, max. EUR 310
  • Local authority group II: Espoo, Kauniainen and Vantaa, max. EUR 280
  • Local authority group III: Hyvinkää, Hämeenlinna, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Järvenpää, Kajaani, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Kouvola, Kuopio, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Lohja, Mikkeli, Nokia, Nurmijärvi, Oulu, Pori, Porvoo, Raisio, Riihimäki, Rovaniemi, Seinäjoki, Sipoo, Siuntio, Tampere, Turku, Tuusula, Vaasa and Vihti, max EUR 250
  • Local authority group IV: All the other local authorities, max EUR 180
  • If the draftee is staying in an apartment rented or owned by their parents: All local authorities max. EUR 100

Apply for compensation of accommodation expenses via Sivariweb.

Do the following

Accommodation compensation applications are submitted via Sivariweb. Attach the following documents:

  • rental agreement
  • documentation of accommodation costs paid by the placement organisation
  • a statement of the monthly costs of the dormitory or other property

To whom and on what terms

The service is available for all placement organisations that incur expenses from accommodating a draftee at the address specified in the placement agreement.

Submit the application in the year in which the costs are incurred. December expenses must be submitted by 31 December.

Processing times:

  • Applications received 1 January - 30 April: by 30 June
  • Applications received 1 May - 31 August: by 31 October
  • Applications received 1 September - 5 December: by 31 December
  • Applications received 16 December - 31 December: by 28 February.

Late applications will not be processed.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byCentre for Non-Military Service
Responsible for the serviceCentre for Non-Military Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: Centre for Non-Military Service
Updated: 5/20/2020