116000 - European missing children hotline number
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The Missing Child Hotline is intended for non-urgent calls. In an emergency, always call the emergency number 112.
Call the Missing Child Hotline when you need to
- ask for advice in cases that involve a missing child
- report that a missing child has been found
- report that you have found a child who is lost or separated from their family
- ask for information about your missing child.
A child is a person who is under the age of 18.
Calls are free of charge in all EU member states.
Do the following
No area code is needed when calling the hotline 116 000. The number cannot be called from a locked phone.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.
Did you find the information you were looking for on this page? This website is part of the European Your Europe portal. Give us feedback using the European Commission's feedback form.