Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman
The Data Protection Ombudsman is a national supervisory authority which supervises the compliance with data protection legislation. With Data Protection Ombudsman and two Deputy Data Protection Ombudsmen there works approximately 40 data protection specialists in the office.
The duties of the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman include
• supervising compliance with data protection legislation and other laws concerning the processing of personal data
• promoting awareness of the risks, rules, safeguards, obligations and rights related to the processing of personal data
• issuing statements on legislative and administrative changes that affect the protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data
• issuing statements on offences involving the processing of personal data
• processing requests for issuing orders with regard to the rights of data subjects and notifications of other violations related to the processing of personal data
• participating in the operations and decision-making of the European Data Protection Board and referring matters to it when required.
Organisation identification data
Business ID: 0245974-7
Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman's website