Go directly to contents.

You can authorise another person to act on your behalf in the Incomes Register as from 8 August

Published 8/8/2018

Another party can act on behalf of someone else in the Incomes Register if they’ve been granted authorisation to do so. For example, you can authorise another person or an accounting firm to act on your behalf in the Incomes Register. You can also ask someone else to authorise you to act on their behalf.

You can apply for authorisation as from 8 August 2018 on the site. The Incomes Register uses its own authorisation roles: Reporting earnings payment data and Browsing earnings payment data.

Reporting earnings payment data enables you to maintain the assignor's basic data and earnings payment reports, submit earnings payment reports produced by the assignor, request statements on the assignor and send messages.

Browsing earnings payment data does not enable you to submit earnings payment data, but you can browse the assignor's basic data, earnings payment reports produced by the assignor, statements on the assignor, messages sent and received by the assignor, and the assignor's archived documents.

However, the Katso service is used for authorisation if:

  • The Trade Register or the Business Information System does not have a Business ID or information on its authorised signatory for the organisation. Such actors include municipalities, parishes, educational institutions, associations, foundations, partnerships, estates and public authorities.
  • A foreign company is not registered with the Trade Register, or its authorised signatory is a foreign citizen (does not have a Finnish Personal Identification Number).

The Incomes Register will be deployed on 1 January 2019. Wages are reported to the Incomes Register. In 2020, benefits and pensions will also be reported.

Additional information on Incomes Register authorisations.

You may also need authorisations to use other services provided by the authorities. You can apply for several authorisations at a time from e-Authorisations. For instance, for more information on tax-related authorisations, see