Vaasa City Targeted Allowance
- Public service
The city targeted allowances are paid to custodians taking care of a child younger than 2 years old at home when the custodian is on unpaid maternity leave. An exception is an adopted child, when the city targeted allowances are paid to custodians taking care of a child younger than school age at home when the custodian is on unpaid maternity leave.
The city council yearly decide on paying the city targeted allowances. The present decision is effective until further notice.
The extra is 200 €/child/month. Also in twin, triplet (or more) child families a targeted allowance of 200 €/child/month is paid on the subsidies.
The main principles of paying the city targeted allowance are:
- The applicant receives the statutory child home care allowance.
- The applier takes care of his/her children by him-/herself.
- The applicant is entitled to return to their job/studies after the unpaid child care leave is over or the so called applicants with short term and temporary jobs must have a minimum of one year attendance of work before the maternity leave. There can be a maximum of 3 months break between the job contracts and the beginning of the maternity leave.
- The other adult in the family (parent or live-in partner) has to be at work or as a student during the whole time the extra is being paid.
- Other children of the family are not in day care. However, this doesn´t concern siblings participating in Preschool.
Do the following
Targeted allowances are to be applied through a written application and application shall be filed beforehand. The targeted allowance will be paid out by earliest from the beginning of the following month after the application has been received. The payment day for the targeted allowance is the last banking day of the calendar month.
The application can be fetched from the administration of early childhood education at Raastuvankatu 29, 65100 Vaasa (Mon – Fri at 9.00 – 15.00). The application forms can also be gotten from the child health centre.
In case the application is returned in person, the customer needs to bring along readily copied appendixes (The copying services are located in the Public Information Centre’s common services in the first floor of the main library in Vaasa and in the Vähäkyrö-talo, Vähänkyröntie 11 in Vähäkyrö).
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.