The transfer permit
- Public service
The transfer permit is a permit that is provided for the temporary transfer or use of a vehicle, and it includes a set of transfer badges and motor vehicle liability insurance.
The transfer permit is issued on a per-vehicle basis and is provided on the basis of an application to the applicant at an inspection site that provides registration services or at specific Finnish customs sites (www.tulli.fi/en).
The transfer permit can be issued for vehicles that
- have not been registered for the first time
- have been decommissioned
- have been banned from use or driving in such cases where the vehicle is to be transported to a repair shop or for inspection.
The transfer permit must be present when the vehicle is used in traffic.
Do the following
You can apply for a transfer permit at an inspection site that provides registration services or at certain Finnish customs sites (www.tulli.fi/en).
You can fill in the transfer permit application (B401) either in advance or at the inspection site. Remember to carefully fill in all sections of the application, including the vehicle identification number. Please note that the transfer permit can be issued 7 days before its period of validity begins at the earliest and that you will need to prove your identity when picking up your permit.
To whom and on what terms
- the vehicle must not have any overdue vehicle tax or additional tax
- the vehicle must be suitable for traffic
- the build, equipment, condition and other features of the vehicle must be safe
- temporary motor liability insurance must be taken for the vehicle or the applicant must be in possession of valid motor liability insurance
- the vehicle has been issued an identification number
- a vehicle whose car tax has not been paid has been granted permission by the Finnish Tax Administration
A fee is charged for the service.