Support and assistance in situations of change in workforce needs
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
TE Office provides assistance to companies and other organisations in situations of so called adjustment of activities, which usually implies personnel-related measures, such as lay-offs, dismissals and shifts to part-time work.
In situations of change, the TE Office provides organisations with services that promote the employment and training of dismissed or laid off personnel. This implies a collaborative effort between the TE Office, representants of the employer and the staff, either all of its members or its representants.
Support and assistance in situations of dismissals and lay-offs can also be organised through informative sessions in the employer's facilities. Information is given on change security, unemployment security, job seeking and TE Office customership.
Do the following
You can get assistance in situations of workforce changes and reductions by
- leaving a call back request to the TE Office through employers’ and entrepreneurs’ E-Services.
- calling to TE telephone services for employers and entrepreneurs
- contacting the Change Security Specialist of your area.
Organisations subject to the Act on Cooperation within Undertakings must inform the TE Office about initiating negotiations that may lead to shifts to part-time work, lay-offs or dismissals.
- After this the TE Office will contact the organisation that has given the negotiation proposal and will offer services suited to the situation of change.
- Information on initiating cooperation negotiations must be delivered either by email or in paper form to the TE Office corresponding to the organisation’s area of economic activity.
To whom and on what terms
The assistance provided by the TE Office to organisations facing workforce reductions is statutory. Assistance must be provided, when needed, to organisations that are starting cooperation negotiations aiming at changes in workforce and that are subject to the Act on Cooperation within Undertakings. In order to access the services, the organisation must inform the TE Office about its situation (negotiation proposal).
TE Office also provides assistance to companies and other organisations not subject to the Act on Cooperation within Undertakings, when they are facing situations of change that lead to lay-offs and dismissals.
The service is free of charge.