Go directly to contents.

Student health care services

  • Service
  • 27 municipalities
  • Public service

Student health care services offer health care services for students at upper secondary education vocational institutions and high schools. Student health care services monitor your overall welfare and ability to study, and promote your future ability to work.

Upper secondary education students will be invited to a health checkup usually during the first academic year. Additionally, the students ...

Do the following

Contact the public health nurse at your own educational institution by phone.

You may also go the the public health nurse's appointment independently. Please notice that the offices offer varying appointment times.

For further information, see the Wilma and DigiOne service of your own educational institution.

To whom and on what terms

You are entitled to student healthcare services, if you study at a vocational upper secondary institution, or at a high school.

Student healthcare services are voluntary and mainly free of charge for the student.

Background information

Students in upper secondary schools, vocational institutions and higher education institutions are entitled to student health care services in the wellbeing services county where their educational institution is located.

Student health care includes two periodic health examinations at the secondary level. A health survey is organised for higher education students during their first year of study, on the basis of which a health examination can be carried out if necessary. These health examinations focus on the student’s health and wellbeing as well as other aspects that affect their studies as a whole. Student health care services monitor and promote the health and wellbeing of students and their ability to study. The services also encompass primary health care and medical care services, including mental health and substance abuse work, the promotion of sexual health, and oral health care.

The health care services for higher education students are provided by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). Higher education students must pay a health care fee to Kela that covers all FSHS services. No separate fees are charged for using the services.

The service is provided by

The wellbeing services county of Southwest Finland

Responsible for the service

The wellbeing services county of Southwest Finland
Text edited by: The wellbeing services county of Southwest Finland
Updated: 1/1/2023