Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence card in Finland for a family member of an EU citizen

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence card for a family member of an EU citizen if you are a family member of a citizen of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland but you yourself are not an EU citizen and you wish to stay in Finland for over three months.

You can submit the application only in Finland.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The card is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 6/17/2020