Reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses caused by job seeking
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
At its discretion, the TE Office reimburses travel and accommodation expenses caused by job seeking trips and participation in the TE services.
You may apply for the reimbursement if you are unemployed and
- travel to a job interview in Finland or in an EU country
- participate in an admission event or aptitude test for labour market training
- participate in an expert assessment
- require transport services for visiting a TE Office.
Do the following
Apply for the reimbursement within a month from the date on which you participated in a job interview or a service. Complete the form and send it to the TE Office.
Receipts of the travel expenses are not to be attached to the application as the amount of the reimbursement is EUR 0.21 per kilometre. The amount of own contribution is EUR 12 and the maximum reimbursement is EUR 200 per trip.
Accommodation is reimbursed on the basis of the realised expenses but not more than EUR 80 per day. Attach a receipt and a copy of the realised expenses.
The TE Office may contact the employer to verify the information provided on the job interview. If you do not wish the TE Office to contact the employer, attach a certificate of your participation in the job interview in your reimbursement application.
To whom and on what terms
In order to be eligible for the reimbursement of job interview-related travel and accommodation expenses you must be an unemployed jobseeker. Expenses may be reimbursed if:
- you participate in a job interview, and the employment relationship’s duration would be at least two weeks, and it would involve average working hours of at least 18 h/week
- the reimbursement is considered to contribute to your employment.
The accommodation expenses of a job interview trip may be reimbursed if overnight stay in the locality where the interview takes place is necessary due to traffic connections. In addition, the TE Office will assess how easily and from which distance a suitable employee for the job could be found.
In order for you to receive reimbursement for travel and accommodation expenses related to participation in TE services, you must be unemployed and must have registered with the TE Office. You may receive reimbursement for the expenses if:
- you participate in an entrance examination or aptitude assessment for a labour policy training scheme
- before the start of a labour policy training scheme, you examine the accessibility of the educational institution that organises the training scheme and the institution’s suitability for studying with regard to a disability or an illness
- you visit in a TE Office and your visit is considered necessary and you require transport services due to a disability or an illness
- you participate in an expert assessment organised by the TE Office.