Regional fishing licence for commercial fishing granted by a fishing authority
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment (ELY Centre) can grant a commercial fishing licence in a private water body for the maximum of five years.
Do the following
Strive to rent the fishing right directly from its owner, or get help from the fishing district. If things do not proceed, contact the ELY Centre.
To whom and on what terms
The permit can be granted if:
- The water body is specified as well-suited for commercial fishing in the Fisheries management plan framework for fishing districts;
- The state of local fish population allows for commercial fishing;
- No agreement has been reached regarding using the water body for commercial fishing
- Commercial fishing will not cause considerable damage to beach owners in the area, or the area’s other use.
The service is free of charge.
The processing time may extend over months, as the licence requires, for instance, negotiations with the owner of the fishing right.
Period of validity
The licence will be valid for a maximum of five years.