- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
Recruitment training is a good option if you cannot find competent employees and in your field of business skilled personnel will not be graduating soon.
- is be tailored to the needs of your company
- lasts, as a general rule, 3 to 9 months – the minimum duration is 10 training days
- gives the students abilities towards a certain profession or work assignment
- can be planned also in cooperation with more than one employer.
Recruitment training is based on the working life. The objective can be additional or continuing training or training for the purpose of change of profession. It includes both knowledge instruction and guided on-the-job learning and practical training.
The students who complete the training successfully will be employed by your company. Employment can take place for example also in a company that provides agency-hired labour or as an entrepreneur on the basis of a principal-contractor relationship with the employer.
Do the following
1. Contact the local TE Office or ELY Centre and make a proposal for recruitment training by filling in the form “Employer’s proposal for pooled training (TEM607)”. Send the form to the TE Office or the ELY Centre.
2. The representative of the TE services will evaluate the training needs of the persons to be recruited and you will prepare a preliminary training plan for your company together.
3. After the drawing up of the training plan the labour and business administration will ask quotes from the trainer candidates in accordance with the public procurement procedures. You will select the trainer together with the labour and business administration. A procurement contract is made on the implementation of the training.
4. Marketing and publicity of the training: The parties agree on the marketing of the training and how the company is shown in the communication.
5. You will agree with the trainer and the labour and business administration on the selection of students. In the student selection, the evaluation of abilities and tests as well as other experts may be used.
6. The schedules, the contents of the training and the on-the-job learning are carried out in accordance with the set objectives and the procurement contract.
7. The parties monitor and assess the implementation of the training together.
8. As the employer you will enter into an employment relationship with the students who have completed the training successfully.
To whom and on what terms
The students cannot complete official qualifications in recruitment training.
Recruitment training is intended for an employer or a group of many employers who need new competent employees. and by employers in the public sector.
This is a discretionary service. The recruitment training is not to be used for the financing of a normal orientation and staff training for which the employer is the cost bearer or training that employers organize in order to comply with national training standards.
A fee is charged for the service.
The price of training is determined on the basis of the public tender process. The ELY Centre will pay 70% of the costs of the training and the employer 30% (net of VAT). The price varies per field of training and depends a.o. on the duration of the training, the contents of it and the number of students.