Preparatory education for vocational training (VALMA)
- Public service
In preparatory education (valmentava koulutus, VALMA), you will get the competences you need to apply for vocational upper secondary education and training.
The training is also suitable for adults who want to improve their skills to study for a profession. for example immigrants or people planning a career change.
In preparatory training, a personal curriculum will be drawn up for you.
In preparatory training
- you will become familiar with different professions and fields of vocational education and training
- you can take part in vocational education and training
- you can improve your comprehensive school grades.
The training takes from six months to a year. The training is 30–60 competence points in scope.
To whom and on what terms
You can take part in preparatory education, if
- you have completed comprehensive school
- your goal is to have vocational education.