Operating environment development aid
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
Operating environment development aid can be granted to non-profit public and private institutions and foundations for projects designed to achieve a positive impact on SMEs’ operating environment or conditions for business development. Aid is granted on a discretionary basis for a development project which is different from the applicant’s primary operations and which is estimated to significantly promote the start-up, growth or development of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Aid can be granted for
- obtaining information necessary for the business operations
- developing services needed by companies
- promoting cooperation between companies, and
- other projects improving companies’ operating environment and conditions for development.
Do the following
1. Before submitting your application, you should outline the content of the development project as well as examine the availability and sufficiency of other own funds required for the project. We also recommend contacting an expert of the ELY Centre in your region and discuss the eligibility for funding the project before submitting the application.
2. You can apply for operating environment development aid using the online application submission service (Yritystukien sähköinen asiointi).
To whom and on what terms
The applicant must be a non-profit public or private corporation/foundation.
Development measures can be supported with up to 80% used as the basis for the aid. Investments in the project can be supported with up to 45% of the expenses used as the basis for the aid.
The aid must be applied for before the project is started. It should be noted that, for example, the conclusion of a contract relating to the project, the placing of an order, the delivery of an order, a payment for a purchase or any other commitment that makes the project irreversible constitutes the start of the project. Preparatory work done for the project, such as planning, obtaining permits and feasibility studies, is not considered as the start of the project. Aid for developing a service offered to small and medium-sized enterprises is granted as de minimis support.