Notification of activities that may impair environmental values of Natura 2000 network area
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
You may submit a notification of a measure that may impair environmental values of an area belonging to the Natura 2000 network. If the notified measure would lead to significant impairment of environmental values, the decision may be taken to prohibit or limit the measure. Before taking a decision, the ELY Centre should negotiate alternative ways to implementing the measure with the party responsible to prevent the adverse impact.
The authority will send you either a confirmation that the planned measures do not impair Natura 2000 conservation values or, if necessary, instructions on how to prevent the impairment of such values. This notification procedure is aimed at ensuring the preservation of natural values of areas belonging to the Natura 2000 network.
Do the following
The notification must contain the following information:
1. the name and contact information of the party responsible for the measure;
2. the contact information of the real estate owner, if the owner is not the party responsible for the measure;
3. the location of the effective area of the measure indicated by a real estate number and the municipality of the real estate, or with sufficient accuracy on a map;
4. a description of the planned measure, its method of implementation and the extent of the effective area;
5. the time and duration of the measure; and
6. a description of the effects of the planned measure on the conservation objectives of the Natura 2000 site.
Also, a map has to be appended to the notification with the location of the measure marked on it.
Submit the notification to the regional ELY Centre no later than 30 days before the measure is undertaken
- using the online service if possible, or
- using the printable form that can be sent by email or post; if you submit the notification by email, send the attachments
The notification is considered to have been delivered when it has arrived at the ELY Centre.
To whom and on what terms
If you are uncertain about the need to notify, you can consult the instructions or contact the authority. You do not have to submit such a notification if the measure is otherwise subject to notification or permit. In that case, assessment is made in connection with the notification or permit procedure in question.
The service is free of charge.