- Public service
Korko – Value of Academics is a joint development project of the Cities of Espoo, Helsinki and Vantaa. Korko offers coaching intended to promote employment and services that promote recruitment. Its target group are unemployed job seekers over 35 years of age.
The participants form peer groups in which they learn to recognise their personal expertise and describe it in various recruitment situations. A survey of one’s strengths and individual coaching help job seekers identify their strengths from the viewpoint of career planning. Korko’s business coordinators arrange opportunities for the participants to pitch their expertise to partner companies.
To whom and on what terms
You may participate in the free Korko services if you meet the following conditions:
• You are highly educated unemployed job seeker and over 35 years of age.
• Your municipality of residence is Helsinki, Espoo or Vantaa.
• You have at least a bachelor’s degree from a higher education institution.
• Your unemployment has lasted from 9 months to 4 years.
• You have had at least five years’ worth of experience in expert positions and accumulated skills after your graduation.
• You are motivated to participate in peer group activities and have the potential to find employment in the open labour market.
The provider of this service verifies, that the content, provider and method of provision of the service fulfil the prerequisites of the activity model starting from 1 April 2019. The party paying the unemployment benefit – your unemployment fund or the Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) – decides whether the activity requirement is fulfilled or not.