Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service TE Office

Integration plan

  • Service
  • Nationwide except the Åland Islands
  • Public service

The purpose of an integration plan is to support your integration in Finland. It agrees on Finnish or Swedish language studies that correspond to your study skills and skills and on participation in services that promote employment that best suit your situation. The plan can also include an agreement, for example, on reading and writing courses in your native language, or participation in further ...

Do the following

First check if you can register as a job seeker in the TE Services.

Once you have registered as a job seeker, the TE Office or local government pilot will contact you either by telephone, e-mail, or letter and indicate when the integration plan will be drawn up. If necessary, the TE Office or local government pilot will obtain interpretation.

To whom and on what terms

An integration plan can be drawn up for you at the TE Office, if

  • you are an unemployed job seeker,
  • you have a valid residence permit, residence card or registration of a right of residence,
  • your first residence permit or residence permit card was issued no more than 3 years ago or your right of residence was registered no more than 3 years ago, and
  • you are able to participate full-time in measures and services promoting your integration and employment.

You are not entitled to an integration plan if

  • you are staying in Finland with a visa or visa-free, i.e. you are, for example, in seasonal work or as a tourist,
  • you are waiting for your first residence permit decision,
  • in addition to Finnish citizenship, you have the citizenship of another state, or
  • you are a Finnish citizen and you move back to Finland after years of absence.

Citizens of Nordic countries and their family members are entitled to an integration plan if they have lived in Finland less than 3 years and there is a need to draw up a plan for them.

The service is provided by

TE Office

Other responsible organisations

Pohjois-Savo TE Office, Häme TE Office, Varsinais-Suomi TE Office, Pohjanmaa TE Office, Keski-Suomi TE Office, Kaakkois-Suomi TE Office, Uusimaa TE Office, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa TE Office, Etelä-Pohjanmaa TE Office, Lapland TE Office, Pohjois-Karjala TE Office, Etelä-Savo TE Office, Pirkanmaa TE Office, Kainuu TE Office, Satakunta TE Office

Responsible for the service

TE Office
Text edited by: TE Office
Updated: 8/8/2023