Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service ELY Centre

Financial aid for activities in fisheries regions

  • Service
  • Nationwide except the Åland Islands
  • Public service

Upon application, the fisheries authorities of the Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment for Lapland, North Savo and Southwest Finland grant general aid for activities in fisheries regions. Only fisheries regions can apply for the aid.

The appropriations allocated to activities in fisheries regions have been accumulated from fishing management fees.

Aid may be applied ...

Do the following

Applying for the aid

1 Apply for the aid with the printable application form. The form can be printed or completed electronically after saving it on your computer.

2 Complete the application thoroughly and attach any required documents. Missing information, needs for further clarification and changing the application during the processing may prolong the processing. Submit the application either 1) as an attachment with ELY Centre’s general online form to the ELY Centre’s registry from which the aid is applied for or 2) by post to the relevant ELY Centre’s registry.

3 If the ELY Centre requests you to supplement your application, submit the requested information by the set deadline or negotiate an extension with the relevant authority.

4 After the ELY Centre has received sufficient and correct information for resolving the aid application, it provides an appealable decision. The decision is delivered to the applicant.

Explanation on the use of the aid:

1 The use of the aid must be explained with a form. You can find more information and the necessary forms on the KEHA Centre’s website.

To whom and on what terms

The aid may be granted to fisheries regions. The aid can be used to cover the costs incurred by the activities of the fisheries region and for the implementation of any performance targets set by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry or the ELY Centre.

Eligible costs include reasonable wage, reward, outsourcing, investment, travel and material costs arising from fisheries region activities. When paying travel costs and daily allowances, the State Travel Regulations must be followed. The project should be executed in a way least expensive for the society. It should be put out to tender when necessary in compliance with the Act on Public Procurement and Concession Contracts (1397/2016).

When using electronic services, we recommend the use of the e-Authorizations service. The authorisation concerning these services is “Applying for discretionary government transfers for environmental purposes”.

The service is provided by

ELY Centre for Lapland, Development and Administration centre for ELY Centres and TE Offices, ELY Centre for Varsinais-Suomi, ELY Centre for North Savo

Other responsible organisations

Development and Administration centre for ELY Centres and TE Offices, ELY Centre for North Savo, ELY Centre for Lapland, ELY Centre for Varsinais-Suomi

Responsible for the service

Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment
Text edited by: ELY Centre
Updated: 10/10/2022