Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service TE Office

Discretionary expense allowance

  • Service
  • Nationwide except the Åland Islands
  • Public service

KEHA Centre pays compensation to personal customers to whom the TE Office or local government pilot decides to grant discretionary expense allowance.

Granting discretionary expense allowance is part of the local government pilot related to TE Services and can be granted and paid for a fixed term between 1 March 2021 and 31 July 2025. The pilots will end on 31 December 2024, by which time the deci ...

Do the following

Participate in the service in accordance with the decision you have received. Apply for the expense allowance within one month of using the TE Services of the regional government. Log in to the e-service using online banking codes, a mobile certificate or an identity card with a chip.

Read the additional information and complete your allowance application carefully.

If you cannot use e-services or you do not have the tools needed for strong identification, you can apply the allowance with a printout form. Submit the payment application with the contact information of the KEHA Centre’s payment unit.

You can also submit the payment application electronically as an attachment to the ELY Centre's general online form for private individuals.

To whom and on what terms

TE Offices and local government pilots can grant discretionary expense allowance to a personal customer.

Provisions on the amount of the expense allowance and the dates on which it can be paid are laid down in the Act on public employment and business service.

KEHA Centre pays the expense allowance

The KEHA Centre may pay allowance retroactively as of August 1st for more than one month. The allowance can be paid retroactively only for particularly significant reasons. Reimbursement of expenses may not exceed the period specified in the decision. If you apply allowance with an electronic application from several months, complete a separate application for each month.

The expense allowance can be paid to a Finnish or foreign bank account and also to a prepaid card issued by a reception centre, if necessary. Inform your reception centre that you will receive an expense allowance.

The service is provided by

Development and Administration centre for ELY Centres and TE Offices

Responsible for the service

TE Office
Text edited by: TE Office
Updated: 30/10/2023