Development support for the Schools on the Move programme in comprehensive schools
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The objective of Schools on the Move programme is to have active and comfortable school days. The goal is that each student exercises for at least an hour a day. Schools can implement the programme in their own way. Central elements of the programme are to get students involved, promote learning, increase the amount of exercise and sit less.
Schools in the programme have new viewpoints and they ...
Do the following
Apply through the regional administration e-services.
The application must include the following documents:
- Operating plan that includes the operational environment, objective, content, planned measures and their costs and basis of calculation (estimation of costs), monitoring and assessment with their schedules as well as the composition of the steering group.
- Excerpt from the budget that displays the self-financing.
- Plans to improve the school’s environment of learning and exercise.
- Written commitment of other possible partners as well as their contact details and distribution of work.
- The community's profit and loss account, asset and liability statement and auditor’s statement from the previous financial year as well as extract from the trade, association or other register (private educational providers).
- A plan to regularise the project (signed by the management).
- An account on any support applied or received for the same purpose.
- For projects applying for continuing support, an account of costs and a free-form mid-term report on the realised operations.
- An account on the authority to sign.
- Other accounts the applicant wishes to refer to.
You can find further details on how to apply from the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture. The sender is responsible for the application’s delivery. The application is rejected if the Regional State Administrative Agency receives it after the application period.
The application period ends usually in early March. You can find the application period from the detailed instructions on how to apply posted on the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture. The Regional State Administrative Agencies will make support decisions annually by the end of May.
To whom and on what terms
Municipalities, joint municipal authorities and private educational providers can apply for the support for operations of comprehensive school. Individual schools will not be supported directly.
In order to receive support, the project must have significant self-financing that covers at least 50 per cent of the project costs. The self-financing cannot be imputed costs. Another prerequisite is that the applicant’s budget must include an appropriation provision for the costs caused by the operations. The self-financing is verified in a project-specific cost centre report.