Development subsidy to municipalities for the integration of immigrants with the help of sports
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The development subsidy can be granted for multicultural sports activities for children and youth, family sports, sports that promote health for adults and for creating the preconditions for multicultural sports at sports clubs. The special target groups are women, girls and hard-to-reach immigrant groups.
The subsidy promotes operations that encourage immigrants to take part in sports activitie ...
Do the following
Apply through the regional administration e-services.
Attach the following documents to your application:
- application form, special aid form
- a project plan that expresses the purpose, content and schedule of the project
- a plan of how the applicant’s top management commits to implementing the project
- a plan for establishing the activities as a part of regular services
- an estimation of costs for the above-mentioned planned activities
- a financial plan for financing the operational costs
- an excerpt from the municipal budget that displays the self-financing
- commitment and contact details of any project partners
- any agreements about the use, monitoring and conditions of the subsidy pursuant to section 7 of the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers
- information concerning other funding received or applied for the same purpose
- any attachments the applicant wants to refer to
- a list of needed equipment and their prices.
The sender is responsible for the application’s delivery. The application is rejected if the Regional State Administrative Agency receives it after the application period.
The application period ends usually in November or December. Submit your application to the Regional State Administrative Agency by the time defined in the detailed instructions by the Ministry of Education and Culture. The Regional State Administrative Agencies will make support decisions annually by the end of February.
You can find further details on how to apply from the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
To whom and on what terms
Municipalities as well as registered communities, associations and foundations that run reception centres can apply for the subsidy.
The project is required to have self-financing. During the first year, a reasonable proportion of self-financing is roughly 40% of the total costs of the project. In case the project lasts for several years, the self-financing proportion will increase each year. The recipient of the support will give an account of the self-financing in the profit and loss account on the clearing. The self-financing cannot be imputed costs, such as imputed rent of the municipality's own facilities or voluntary work that does not include income or expenditure accounted in the bookkeeping.
A core principle of government subsidies is that the same project should not be funded by several different subsidy programmes. In the application, the applicant is obliged to notify about any other subsidies they have applied for or received that relate to the operations of the application in question.
The support cannot be granted for commercial activities, construction or for the statutory or regular operations of an organisation.
Act on Discretionary Government Transfers