Data request to obtain aggregated statistics created from healthcare and social welfare data
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
Data Permit Authority Findata can accept a data request to obtain aggregated statistics created from healthcare and social welfare data for secondary use based on the Act 552/2019.
It is possible to make a data request when one needs aggregated statistics for secondary purposes defined in Act 552/2019:
- scientific research
- steering and supervision of social and health care by authorities
- planning and reporting duty of an authority
- in order to produce educational materials for people processing client data in social and health care and for people studying to become professionals in social and health care, if the materials are necessary to fulfill the goals of the education
- development and innovation activities, if the purpose of the activity is to promote public health or social security; or develop the social and health care services or the service system; or protect the health or wellbeing of individuals or secure their rights and liberties associated with health or wellbeing
- knowledge management in case a social or health care service provider needs other providers’ data to compare their operations to the operations of other service providers in order to evaluate, plan or develop the services or service chains they are responsible for
Once a data request has been accepted and decision has been made Findata gathers the register data from the controllers, generates the aggregated statistics and delivers the statistics to the data request decision holder.
For more information go to Findata website www.findata.fi
To whom and on what terms
A fee is charged for the service.
The total price for Findata services are comprised of three components:
1. Fee for Findata data request decision
2. Costs incurred by data controllers for the extraction and delivery of data, based on each controller’s own regulations
3. Working hours used by Findata for combining the data and generating the aggregated statistics
Prices available at https://www.findata.fi/en/services/pricing/
Act on the Secondary Use of Health and Social Data
Data Protection Act
General Data Protection Regulation