Customs clearance as a private person
- Public service
When receiving an uncleared consignment from outside the EU or within the EU's customs territory, but outside the fiscal territory of the EU or in the case of consignments between mainland Finland and the Åland Islands, you must usually submit a customs clearance for the consignment and pay for the possible import duties.
Posti will clear the consignment usually on your behalf if the consignment arriving from outside the EU is no more than 150 euros in value and to be delivered by post, and if you have already paid the value-added tax to the seller at the time of purchase. If you must clear the consignment through Customs, you will be notified by Posti or another courier company. If you receive an uncleared consignment directly to your home, you should clear it through Customs retrospectively.
You can usually clear the consignment yourself in the Customs Import Declaration Service for private persons. If you cannot or do not want to do business with us online, there are other service options. Electronic transactions are not possible in all cases. You can find more detailed instructions for clearing through Customs on our website.
Select the suitable customs clearance method:
- Clear your consignment through the Customs Import Declaration Service for private customers. The service is free of charge and always available. If you cannot or do not wish to use the service, you can authorise another person to complete the online customs clearance in our service on your behalf.
- Buy the customs clearance as a service from a forwarding company or Posti. For instructions and further information, contact the carrier.
- If you cannot or do not want to do business with us online, there are other service options. You can find more detailed customs clearance instructions for the other options on our website.
- If you cannot import your gift consignment electronically using the Import Declaration Service for private persons, please read the instructions on how to clear such a gift consignment on the Customs website.
Complete the customs clearance and pay possible duties within the time announced by the transport company. Follow the carrier company’s deadlines and other instructions. Otherwise, the carrier will return your consignment to the sender.
Do the following
How to declare your goods
- Import Declaration Service for private customers.
Log in to the service using the Suomi.fi identification method of your choice. If you cannot identify yourself, you can authorise another person on your behalf.
The Import Declaration Service includes instructions.
Pay possible duties by selecting online bank, card payment (Visa debit/credit and MasterCard debit/credit) or mobile payment.
After the customs clearance and payment of any duties, the delivery can continue as far as Customs is concerned. Remember Posti’s handling fee so that you can receive the consignment.
If the consignment is handled by another carrier, follow their instructions. If you need a release decision, you can find it under “My customs clearance” in the Import Declaration Service menu.
All consignments cannot be cleared in the Customs Import declaration service for private persons. They can be declared with alternative means, in the Customs Clearance Service or bought as a clearance service from a carrier.
- Customs clearance with a form or at a customs office
Customs clearance of consignments delivered by carriers is now handled primarily online.
Read more about customs clearance alternatives on the Customs website. If visiting a customs office that offers customer service, please check the opening hours and read the instructions in advance. Follow the instructions provided by the carrier and Customs.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.
When receiving a consignment, you must pay import duties under certain circumstances.
The service is free of charge.
When receiving a consignment or gift, you must pay import duties under certain circumstances.