Convening a meeting of an organisation
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The Regional State Administrative Agency (AVI) can entitle a meeting of an organisation to be convened if the rules regarding the convening are neglected.
General meeting of a limited liability company and a housing company
In a limited liability company or a housing company, the Agency shall entitle the applicant to convene a meeting at the company’s expense when, contrary to the law, the artic ...
Do the following
You can apply for an entitlement to convene a meeting of an organisation and to oblige the board of directors of an association to convene a meeting by submitting a written application in free form.
The following documents must be attached to the application:
- a copy of the extract from the register (not older than 3 months)
- a copy of the valid articles of association or rules of the organisation
- description of the applicant’s right to submit the application (for example a share register or list of members)
- the name and address information of the chairperson of the board of the organisation if such information cannot be found in the extract from the register
- a copy of a demand to convene a meeting delivered to the board of directors (a meeting demanded by a minority of the shareholders or members on the basis of Section 4 of Chapter 5 of the Companies Act, Section 4(2) of Chapter 4 of the Housing Companies Act, Section 17 of the Right-of-Occupancy Associations Act and Section 20(2) of the Associations Act)
- description of the transfer of the apartments (meeting of purchasers of shares in accordance with Section 20 of the Housing Transactions Act)
- applicant’s contact information
- proxy of a representative, if any.
To whom and on what terms
The application and a demonstration showing that a meeting has not been convened although it should had been convened under the law or other provision.
Approximately 3 months.