Applying to be a verifier of emissions trading compensation subsidy
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
The verifying organisations of the emissions trading compensation subsidy need the Energy Authority’s approval. The Energy Authority approves verifiers by a decision that identifies the verifier’s areas of competence, which are the eligible sectors and sub-sectors referred to in Annex 1 to the Compensation Act.
Verifiers play a key role in the system for emissions trading compensation subsidies as a quality certification authority, particularly in verifying the operator’s information in the subsidy application.
Do the following
Fill in the compensation subsidy verifier application form to apply to become a compensation subsidy verifier. You can request to obtain the form from email@example.com.
Send the completed and signed form with its appendices in PDF format by email to the Energy Authority’s registry office.
To whom and on what terms
An approved verifier of emissions trading compensation subsidy:
- is independent, both operationally and economically, in the verification tasks referred to in the Compensation Act
- has sufficiently professional and independent staff to perform the verification tasks
- is capable of applying the Compensation Act and the provisions and regulations issued under it
- has the equipment, tools and systems required for operation
- has adequate liability insurance or other similar arrangements deemed adequate in view of the nature and extent of the activities.
Verifiers of emissions trading and production support for electricity produced from renewable sources can be approved as verifiers of compensation subsidy as well by extending their area of competence to cover activities under the Emissions Trading Compensation Act.
The decision to approve a verifier or the extension of their competence area can be issued for a fixed period. An approval or extension of the competence area that is valid until further notice requires that the FINAS accreditation service has issued an accreditation decision or a statement of competence for the verifier.
A fee is charged for the service.
The decision that is valid until further notice and the decision to extend the area of competence are subject to a fee. The temporary approval is not subject to a fee.
Period of validity
Until further notice