Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Employment Fund

Applying for an adult education allowance

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

This service enables you to apply for an adult education allowance or entrepreneur’s adult education allowance.

Do the following

The fastest and safest way to apply is to use the online service for adult student benefits. You can also apply by printing the application form from the Employment Fund website and sending it by mail.

To whom and on what terms

An adult education allowance can be granted to people who are studying full-time or part-time for adult education studies and who have at least eight years of employment history. In addition, the person must be on study leave or other leave agreed for study purposes.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byEmployment Fund
Responsible for the serviceEmployment Fund
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, English, Swedish
Text edited by: Employment Fund
Updated: 18/2/2022