Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)

Accident notification

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

The accident notification form notifies the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes) of an accident involving a hazardous chemical, pressure equipment, lifts, transport of dangerous goods, explosives, natural gas or LPG, or of an accident that occurred in a mine. An accident notification has to fill also about electrical accidents. An accident notification can be filed even if there is no reporting obligation. Tukes collects information on accidents and incidents for monitoring, development and communication purposes. In addition to the notifications received, Tukes also receives accident information through the press, rescue services and other authorities. Accident information is used to identify existing risks and monitor the development of safety. The information is also used in the planning of Tukes operations. Descriptions of accidents are published in the VARO register of Tukes.

Do the following

Fill in the accident notification and return it to Tukes in accordance with the instructions specified in the form.

To whom and on what terms

The obligation to report accidents to the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes) is recorded in the legislation of several sectors, but it is also worthwhile to report serious incidents. Accident information is utilised in the supervision carried out by Tukes and in the prevention of similar accidents. The obligation to report an accident is described in the following acts and decrees:

- chemicals (Act 390/2005, Decree 855/2012, Decree 856/2012)

- explosives (Act 390/2005, Decree 473/1993)

- pressure equipment (Act 869/1999)

- Natural gas (Decree 551/2009)

- LPG (Act 390/2005, Decree 858/2012)

- mines (Act 621/2011, Decree 1571/2011)

- electrical safety (Act 1135/2016)

- lift safety (Act 1134/2016)

- transport of dangerous goods (Act 719/1994)

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)
Area Whole Finland
Available languageFinnish
Text edited by: Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)
Updated: 14/2/2022